You probably already know what a bodyguard is. From seeing them decked out in all-black clothes to the authoritative way they walk and command the room — a bodyguard is the definition of someone cool. It’s like watching a spy right in front of your eyes. But what if we were to tell you that behind all the glitz and glamor, bodyguards have a long list of responsibilities?
Beneath their shades and tailored suits lies a person shrouded in mystery and intrigue. That is why we are here to unravel the concealed secrets of a bodyguard. In this blog, you will find all the things you need to know about a personal security guard, so make sure to keep on reading.
What is a Bodyguard?
Bodyguards are special security guards who are in charge of protecting the personal space of their employer. They have the most contact with their employer since their duty is to stick by them at all times. Moreover, most bodyguards have to undergo special training to be able to step up and take a personal security job. They are prepared for all kinds of situations. Be it a minor scuffle or a full-blown emergency, a personal security guard will know exactly how to take care of the matter, all the while keeping their client safe.
What Are The Main Duties of a Bodyguard?
A bodyguard has access to their employer 24/7. That is to say, they have the sole responsibility of protecting the person from all outside influence. Whether it’s for public appearances or private parties, a bodyguard stands close to their client, keeping them away from harm’s way. Here are some additional duties that they have to follow through:
- Meticulously carry out background checks on every person surrounding their client, be it other employees, staff, cleaners, etc.
- Protect their client in a group setting, especially where there are large, unruly crowds, such as a concert, convention, etc.
- Quietly escorting the client from one place to another at all times.
- In case of a security threat, a personal security guard is tasked with the job of safely transporting their employer to a safe house, where they can recover in seclusion.
- Scoping out a venue beforehand to make sure the security is intact and everything is in order for their employer to attend.
- Keeping a strict eye on suspicious people and their behavior, especially if someone seems out of the ordinary.
- Scanning and debugging the employer’s house and workplace so no vulnerabilities are left exposed.
To sum it up, a bodyguard is someone who looks after an individual, making sure their personal safety is not optimized or threatened. Bodyguards are typically hired to surround famous celebrities, political figures, or anyone who might be at risk from the public. Nevertheless, if you would like more information on personal security officers, feel free to reach out to Main Security & Investigations at 281-574-1871. You can also drop by our headquarters at 11221 Richmond Avenue, Suite C103, Houston, Texas 77082, United States, located opposite Vino Graphix.